This is a staple in our house, only we usually have it with chicken, and shrimp would be delicious too!
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded carrot
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently.